Monday, March 5, 2007

Military Day - the General and Skiers favourite day


This is a day that will be remembered all season. JJ and DC were sitting on a plane on their way to Jamaica, while I was eating oatmeal and preparing for one of the biggest ski days of the season. I wanted to get up to the hill at 8:00 for first trax on the blue chair, but I felt my little Chevy just couldn't make it up that hill, with the reported 12 Inches. No problem of getting up to the hill at a reasonable hour as I got a lift up with Pudd and his HEMI. (got to mountain at 8:20).

Pudd and I were about 15th chair up the Bonny for First Trax, we knew that everyone was thinking CAN AM and River Quai, we had to make a wise choise on what the first run was going to be.
"Power Line?" I said
We decided to go Power Line, about 3rd and 4th down, pleanty of POW to spare. You could really let the skis go, it was a good thing we were both running with the big planks.

When we hit the Taxi intersection, Pudd and I decided to go lower Lift Line, right under the red chair. As there was pleanty of Freshie on Lift Line and the chairs were packed with people, we decided to do the old fashion side by side rush through the powder. I came blasting down the bumps, being hit with snow in the face on every mogul, Pudd said all he could see was my yellow pom pom hat and a cloud of snow. The chairs were cheering us on with yelps and comments. "Dont stop, keep GOIN!!". We never stopped, we needed our speed if we wanted to take the POW over head every turn. When we finished the run, we both stopped to take a breather. "Hey you guys better get up their and do that again, the way you guys skied that!" said a lady on the chair.

After that, we got a lot of good runs in, Pudd had to leave early, to make it back to SO. So I skied the rest of the day by myself, I managed to find first trax and powder all day long. I had a great line down Lead Boots later on in the day and all the secret stash's were in great shape.

As Pudd left early, I had no lift back home, so I had to hitchike back to Montgomery CTR. After about 10 minutes, finally a big diesel Ford 2500, Landscaping truck from Eastern Ontario with 4 or 5 kids inside pull up and tell me to get in the box. This monster of a truck barely made it up the hill as we were going about 20 kmh spinning all over the place, I thought we were going to have to get out and push. It was a good thing I was still earing my tuke and goggles though, It was a chilly trip down to Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment