Friday, November 16, 2007

Welcome back - winter is here!

How do I know this? Let me count the ways...

1) The Green Beret has left the East and has already started his ski bum dream job on the Sunshine Trail Crew. Check out the new link in the sidebar for the Sunshine web cam.
2) It's Warren Miller film night in Huntsville. Woo Hoo! Off to see Playground and dream of helicopters.
3) Our friends at Jay are are reporting that the Jet and Upper Haines will be open this weekend.
4) There was enough new snow on the ground this morning to make me put the truck in four-wheel drive. There was not enough snow to make me think it would be slippery so consequently I skidded merrily through the stop sign at the end of the road.
5) I wore Sorels to work today (see # 4).
6) Pudd is e-mailing snow reports to us all and Jonny Jay is vying to be first on the mountain.
7) I'm blogging about snow.

I haven't found it yet but Telemark Dave tells me that the current issue of The Ski Journal has a great article on Jay. Check your local news stand. Here's the teaser:

Jay Peak in the ski news once again

No comments:

Post a Comment